Now we can change the date of birth printed incorrectly on our aadhar card. Changing of DOB option is available online at uidai.gov.in website. If your date of birth is entered incorrectly in UIDAI database you can go for aadhar card correction. You have to fill out an online application at uidai.gov.in web homepage.
There is also an alternate method for correcting the date of birth. However, it requires you to download the application form, fill it out and send it to the UIDAI Madhya Pradesh address. This process will take so much time. So it is better to get the incorrect details in online itself. You are done with submitting for a change on your aadhar card. It will take a while for the UIDAI to verify and update your aadhar details. After your application is processed. You can download e aadhar card online. The process of aadhar card download is detailed at eAadharCards.in.
After applying for DOB update at UIDAI website. You can check the status of your application online by using the URN number. You need to your 12 digit aadhar card number to make any changes to your personal details. Also, you need to have a registered mobile number to get OTP. UID number and mobile are mandatory to verify that the person who owns this UID number is making corrections.
Aadhar card DOB correction process online at ssup.uidai.gov.in
You can change any incorrect information like the surname, photo, father name, address etc online at UIDIA portal. The actual website where you can make changes is https://ssup.uidai.gov.in. This is aadhar self-service update portal where one can log in and make any updates to their aadhar card.
NOTE: Whoever making corrections on their aadhar card should upload scanned copies of supporting documents. These supporting documents act as a proof that your new personal details are valid. If you failed to upload or if you have uploaded wrong documents, then your application will be rejected. So make sure to upload the correct documents.
How to Change date of Birth on aadhar card online
The below steps clearly explains how you can make changes to your UID.
- Login Aadhar self-service portal by using your email id and password.
- After logging into the website, select which of your personal details you want to change. In this case, select your date of birth.
- Next, you have to upload document proofs supporting your new DOB.
- You will receive an OTP number to verify the new changes. Once you are confident with all the changes, then enter the OPT and submit the application form.
- You will get an URN number as an acknowledgment. This URN number can be used to check the status of the update.
- Take a print out of hard copy for future reference.
After a few days, Aadhar card officials can check and approve your correction application. You can track you aadhar card status online at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status with URN number.